Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Interview with Vital

Vital

Could you introduce yourself a little?
My name is Krzysztof Silski and I'm pixel designer based in Warsaw.
I'm also into hip-hop music (from time to time I'm performing on stage as HypeMan of my friend Med.
I also did some recordings on my own)

Vital

Why you interested in pixel art?
It was ages ago and I guess the console games and arcades (I've spent small fortune on those) have a huge
impact here. As soon as I got my first computer I've started to create my own games (didn't know it's called pixel art at that time;)

Could you tell us some more about one of your works?
My favourite is a piece called "Mecha". I've created it some 3 years ago, but I remeber it
pretty clearly. I've just sit down to my PC, launched Paint and figure out I want to create something
huge and scary - so I've started with big, red eye in the center. As the design developed my orginal concept of a
monster was changed to a robot. The piece turned out to be very nice (for my skills at that time).
It got a "pixel art of the week" award on pixeljoint - I couldn't have been happier.

Vital

What/Who is the inspiration for you?
Other people work I guess. I can browse the sites like deviantart for hours (checking up all type of
illustrations - not only pixel art). The pixel artists I admire are Ilkke, Jamon, Frost, Exocet and my buddy JohhnySpade.
When I was younger it was Tomasz "Slay" Pacyna who had huge impact on my style (and currently I have a pleasure in working with him).
Also - the element I can't live (and pixel) without is music.

Vital

Where we can check your artworks? Do you write any blog or twitter?
There's site pix.art.pl which is my home actually (great kudos to all the people who helped me there) and pixeljoint.com.
From time to time I use digart.pl as well, but I don't really pay that attention to that site. I plan to create my own portfolio (should I mention that
I plan that for few years now?:)

Vital

What's the biggest problem you have in your work?
Everything;) I guees animation is something I have to improve. When I need to do some animations at work I tend to smash the pencils and rip my hair apart.

Vital

Any plans for the future? Any interesting projects?
I plan to continue my career with pixel art for mobile games, but the things are changing pretty fast in this sector (most mobile phones are capable of rendering 3d). As for other plans - I'm going to get married;) There's also a revolutionary project I'm doing with my friends, which will bring us all a huge pile of money. Fingers crossed for that;)

1 comment:

  1. nice reading; a few mistakes here and there but mind an english student speaking here. vital, why didnt you tell us a word!? ;) thanks for mentioning me, im glad to serve as an inspiration for such a great artist, i mean it.

    ReplyDelete